Monday, March 3, 2008

Beautiful Mess...

Let me first start out by say this blog is dedicated to a really good friend of mine. Sometimes I feel the words I want to tell you don’t come out the way I want them to so I thought that maybe if I wrote them down they might sound a little better.

The Definition of Beautiful is: having beauty; having qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, etc.; delighting the senses or mind. And the definition of Mess is: a state of embarrassing confusion or an unpleasant or difficult situation. Now let me just tell you how these two words go together at a time like this.

I have this friend who is amazing. Her heart is pure and honest. She has a personality that can light up a room. Her passion to serve and honor her Heavenly Father is something that I strive to have. She has taught me what it means to be transparent. She is someone who knows what it means to not have it altogether. She is someone who may cry herself to sleep at night but would be there for you on that same night if you needed to cry yourself to sleep. She is real. She has a heart to serve and to love people. She makes me want to be a better person. She is someone who will not pass judgment on someone. She is someone who I can cry with and laugh with… (Can we say hairy men from AFV) She is someone I can be myself around. She is someone who will listen and she is someone who will think for me when my thoughts may be a little off base. :o) She loves selflessly and gives of herself. She is truly BEAUTIFUL!

Now let’s talk about this Mess, this state of embarrassing confusion and the unpleasant and difficult situations that we face. Life can be hard, down right messy at times! You can know what you want to do one minute and then have no idea the next minute. You have dead lines, pressure, people to impress, bills to pay, people to stay connected with, a family to stay connected with, bitterness, worries, doubt, fear … You question yourself. You ask questions like, where did I go wrong? Am I good enough to do anything? Why am I not where I wanted to be at this time in my life? Does God really care? What will people think if they really know how I am doing? Why don’t I have my life figured out? What is the right next step? What will happen if I let my guard down? You are in a state of confusion. Life throws all this at you and when it hits you all at once you have a MESS. You have a situation that is uncomfortable and embarrassing because you think that you should have it all together. Well let me just say that if this is you its okay.

My Friend it is okay. You my dear are a BEAUTIFUL MESS! Though you may not have it altogether you have a foundation that can not be taken from you. Though you may walk through today with questions of doubt and uncertainty about tomorrow know that you are never alone. Sometimes we feel afraid, lonely, confused and helpless but rest assured that you are not alone. Though your world may be spinning know that I will be a hand for you to hold when you get dizzy. Know that even if you have no idea what you are doing or where you are going I love you and I believe in you. You are a strong and beautiful women. Sometimes God puts us is seasons like this so he can rip us down and build us up again. I guess you could say its the way that we mend. My heart is filled with care and compassion for you. I pray that even though you question, doubt, wonder, worry, fear, cry… that you would know that God is in control. And I know that that statement is kind of obvious but I know that for me sometimes it helps to have the things that are obvious pointed out again. You are a great friend and even though you may feel like you are a mess right now know that you are a beautiful mess.

Some of the pictures in the the slide show you have seen before. I really just liked the song and wanted you to hear it .

No comments: