Monday, March 17, 2008

Back to The Basics

This weekend gave me time to think…hmmm sometimes that is not such a good thing but what happened this weekend truly was a good thing. Lately I have been overwhelmed with life. Not wanting to be uncomfortable and not seeing God in the things that were happening around me. But this weekend made me stop…



Listen






Cry







See






This weekend God made sure that I noticed what REALLY was going on in my life. Throughout the past couple months I have been so overwhelmed by what has been taking place in my life that I have neglected to see Him in my life. I wake up in the morning thanking God for my life but then stick my feet on the floor dreading what lies ahead. This weekend brought me back to the basics. Where instead of being overwhelmed by what was taking place in my life I was able to be overwhelmed by what was in my life…and this weekend was the first weekend that I was able to see God in my life.

In the conversation…
In the sunset…
In the silence…
In the tears…
In the music…
In the people…
In the sky…
In the church…
In the time or lack of time…
In the realness…
In the kids…

Thank you God for bringing me back to the basics this weekend and allowing me to not be overwhelmed by what is taking place in my life but giving me the opportunity to be overwhelmed by what is in my life.

No comments: