Monday, March 24, 2008

In My Quiet Place...

So as of lately I have been trying to find God in the things around in me. I have been trying to put myself in situations where I am forced to not focus on what is going on with me but I am able to love and care for what is going on around me. However during this time I have also noticed a lot about who I am and what makes me do some of the things I do. I do some of the things I do to avoid the things I don’t want to deal with. I have been trying to focus on others so I would not have to focus on myself and the things that I am needing to work through. Now I am not saying that I am only loving and caring for other people because I don’t want to deal with what is going on with me that is not true at all because I truly have a passion to love and care for others. However while I was trying to find God in the things around me He was trying to meet with me…
I however was to busy looking for Him to even see Him.

This is when I learned that…

I have to have my quiet place…but more importantly I have to invite God to my quiet place. I have to be willing to stop and allow God to meet me where I am at even if I have no idea where I am. I have to be willing to just be, knowing that I don’t always have to look for God because He is always there even if I don't feel or see Him.

No comments: