Thursday, February 28, 2008

After His Hand or Face?...

I have been reading this book and it brought about a point that I felt really hit home. It talks about how so often we seek God's hand instead of His Face. We seek what he could do for us and not what he has already done for us. Now at first I just shrugged this off but the more I got to thinking about it the more I came to see what it was trying to point out. When I pray I pray wanting God to help someone, heal someone, guide me, break me, restore me… which is fine but it made me think when was the last time I prayed to God and really wanted His will to be done, where I was not praying with some preconceived notion of how I wanted the prayer to be answered, where His will was enough for me to be satisfied…


It’s been awhile I think I’m going to give it a try tonight.

No comments: