Monday, February 18, 2008

A blizzard...

So this weekend of rejuvenation was a blizzard. Now there are different definitions of what a blizzard is so let me define them for you. The first definition is “a series of unexpected and unpleasant occurrences.” The second definition is “a storm with widespread snowfall accompanied by strong winds.” Now my weekend had a little of both of these. Let’s start with the first definition of the word blizzard, a series of unexpected and unpleasant occurrences; this weekend was filled with unexpected and unpleasant occurrences. We can start with the fact that I have come to grips with the fact that God has brought me to a point of unhappiness, a point of brokenness, a point of tears, and that was made very clear this weekend when at a time where I should have been filled with joy I could not hold my tears back. They overflowed the way I one day hope and pray that joy will overflow from me again. Anger came during a time where I thought there could only be happiness. Feelings that I did not even know I had came out of no where. Tears filled my eyes and sorrow overflowed my heart. Why? I do not know but I know that God is in control and that even though I don’t know why I had those feelings I know that I can ask God to take those feelings and not allow them to run my life. God gives us feelings for a reason however it is up to us what we do with those feelings. We can either take those feelings and let them run our life or we can surrender our feelings and let God run our life. NOW I am at a point where sometimes I think it would just be easier to let my feelings run my life and put God on the back burner for awhile however nothing in life comes without much perseverance. SO I will continue to persevere through these blizzards of emotions knowing that God is in control and I just need to WAIT PAITENTLY!
Now onto the second definition of the word blizzard; “A storm with widespread snowfall accompanied by strong winds.” Let me just tell you living in Wisconsin you truly get the full effect of the winter season. One day it can be sunny and beautiful and the next day you can wake up to rain which soon turns to snow which soon turns into inches of accumulation on top of EVERYTHING. But thanks to this blizzard I was able to spend some time with some friends and see God in the little things of life. Because even though at times I feel like I am living in a blizzard it takes days like yesterday to remind us of how wonderful our God really is.

No comments: