Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy????

So here I am a little over 2 months later and I am finally getting back to the blogging world. A lot has changed with my life and when I say A LOT I mean A lot. So much has changed that blogging about it kind of makes me overwhelmed because I am not sure what to write about and what not to write about… So I’ll stick to the K.I.S.S method…and in case you’re the one thinking to yourself what in the world is the K.I.S.S. method I’ll fill you in. It stands for Keep It Simple Stupid!
So I made the move…Yup I am no longer in the state of MN…and if I am at all honest with myself I must say I am happy about that. I mean there were things about MN that I really liked…like the fact that there gas taxes were lower and the fact that I felt far enough away from my family that I was not relying on them and that ummm yeah…that’s pretty much all I’ve got! So I must say that even though I am reluctant to say it this move has been good for me. I have had many mixed emotions though through this entire process. I went from working 40 hour weeks…which consisted of loving kids and teaching them things. To working 60+ hours a week and being fluent in a language that I thought I would never speak…INSURANCE! Yeah that’s right I am an “insurance expert”! Now the title sounds great but let me just tell you some things about people who work in the insurance business they need to have thick skin because most of the time when people are calling for insurance something has gone wrong or something is going to go wrong and like it or not more then likely they are going to bitch…AT YOU! So it’s become a regular pattern for me to cry at work…yeah pathetic I know…I guess it’s time for me to thickin up I don’t want to me known as “the crier” at work… and I am sure all of you know what I am talking about!
Well not only am I an “insurance expert” but I also work at a church as a worship arts intern. Which in case for those of you who may not have known this it is the whole reason I moved back to the good ole state of WI. Now when I first got hired at the church I doubted and wondered what the cap am I doing. But now that I am here I could not be more thankful for this opportunity. Serving makes me so happy. It goes beyond the realm of leading worship in a church and into a whole different area of serving, loving, participating, empowering, coaching, and caring… The job at the church where I work is teaching me more then I could have ever imagined. Now I wish I could share those reason with the entire blog reading world but that is something that is going to be kept in my prayer journal and with my closest friends. What I can say is that I am happy! After going back and reading my past blogs throughout this past year I realize how unhappy I really was… from the location I was in, to the lack of friends, to not having any fellowship…A lot has changed.
Being in the place where I am now has brought me to people who I love, care for and am thankful for…and I know they feel the same way. Many of them will be reading this blog so let me just tell you something…thank you for loving me, caring for me, and being there for me. All of you are blessings. Which in this season of my life seem to be abundant!
So this blog is short and if you want to know more call me up…I said I was going to use the K.I.S.S. method and I am going to stick to it. Now we can only hope the next time I enter the blog world again it won’t be 2 months from now ☺

No comments: