Monday, January 21, 2008

Simple Words Dig Deep...

So I had the day off today and I thought it would be a great time to do another post so here I am.
I was hanging out with a friend the other day when she said something that made me start thinking. We were talking about what our passions and dreams are and how we long to serve and love people. I had told her that I just want to go and do and I long to serve people and to love them and she said this one simple thing..."Then you have to be willing to take some steps..." WOW is that not true, how many of us want to go and do so much but are limited by what we think we can or can not do? I am in the process of training for a marathon however I am my biggest hurdle. I doubt and question if I can do it knowing that I can do it it is just going to be hard. It is the same way when we are talking about our hopes and dreams. We all have passions and dreams, we have them for a reason. It is not our job to doubt and question, it is our job to take steps of faith. To give up what is not ours to control. So thanks to a good friends simple words I will close my eyes say a prayer and take a step into the unknown knowing that I am not alone and even if I do fall or fail that I can hold my head high because at least I had the courage to take a step...

1 comment:

Bla Bla said...

you deserve the best with your steps of faith...im cheering for you!